Here is the short version...
We applied in March of 2006 at our year update for Rebecca. Our paperwork was officially logged into China's system December 11, 2006. From there we waited, and waited and waited and waited and waited some more. In 2008 Jim took a job working as a asst. soccer coach at Purdue University. Our homeland security papers were expiring so we had to find a new social worker, and reapply. While we were at it, we decided to look at a medical checklist from our agency. We researched lots of the medical conditions and decided which ones we felt we could handle as a family. So December of 2008 we sent in our medical checklist. Again, we waited and waited and waited. Rebecca asked many times "are you sure I am getting a sister, because I don't think you are telling me the truth". OUCH... I assured her someday she would be a big sister. Finally, March 23, 2010... while in Chicago with my family for a spring vacation, that 303 area code popped up on my phone... We contacted drs and specialist and waited for their quick assessment, but in my heart of hearts, I KNEW that this child was coming home with us. There was no way I could look at her face and say "no, thank you". So we filled out the offical paperwork and waited yet some more... but now that wait is over and we are leaving to expand our family by 1. We couldn't be happier!



No comments:
Post a Comment