Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9- Provincial Museum

You know you are a real mom when... you get sneezed on, puked on, pee'd on and pooped on in just a few short hours. Yes, that was my morning. The sneezing and puking, well yes that happens daily. however little Miss had a BLOW out on the bus... yes, the bus, a enclosed area, while we were driving. It was everywhere! I had to completely undress her, use a billion wipes to clean her while standing on a moving bus. And anyone who has been to China knows that isn't a safe thing to do! (And yes, I did throw out the outfit. It was full of poo and I don't have a way to wash it instantly and it was a cheap target outfit I bought that wasn't all that cute anyway. Our guide got us some baby vitamins or something to help her tummy. But we are back to having a blow out after each bottle. She is teething so maybe this has something to do with it, or maybe she just has a virus... no fever or anything. She is acting completely normal This ought to be fun on a 16 hour flight. I guess our carry ons will be full of changes of clothes!) Then once in our room I gave her a bath and right after, wrapped in a towel, little Miss pee'd all over! I guess she doesn't realize that all my clothes are at the laundry service.

Meredith slept great last night. She work a few times but I just patted her back and she went back to sleep. She was a little more difficult to put down to sleep tonight. I had to rock her. She is such a sweet gift of joy! How I got so lucky to have 2 great girls, I will never know. She is just always happy, cries only when we try to put her to sleep when she isn't ready or when we try to take her bottle away before she is finished. Rebecca said during bath time "wow, I didn't know being a big sister would be so much fun!" Lets hope she keep that idea when Meredith takes her stuff later on!

We went to the Provincial Museum of Henan today. While we were there I sat down to feed Meredith and within minutes about 6 Chinese women came to my side and sat down with me. Clearly they were trying to communicate but they went way beyond what I learned on NiHao Ki Lan. One did ask "where you from" and "How long she is?"(I assumed she meant how old). Other than that they talked to me and I just smiled waiting and praying that someone from my group would come rescue me. Finally my friend Leslie who know some Chinese walked by and through the crowd around me I said "help me Leslie" and she took over. They were curious about the birthparents and when she told them there were none to be found they said Thank you over and over. They were completely smitten by her and then by Rebecca and Mia when they came over. One girl even too a picture of Meredith. I have never felt more uncomfortable!

As for us, we are doing good. My back is killing me. I feel like we are sleeping on box springs... I like my pillowtop! Luckily I have my ibuprofen from Sams Club, so you know I have plenty of it.
Our outing are short and usually only in the morning. So we have been spendig a lot of time in our room. Last night and today it rained, so it has cooled off quite a bit. But it is suppose to get warmer tomorrow.

Many people have been asking me what size she is in. Currently she is wearing 6-12 months, the 12 months being a little big. But it depends on the brand. 6 months are a little small. For fall I would think she will need 12-18 months.

Jim and Rebecca went swimming tonight. Meredith was going to go but we had to wait for our guide to bring us the vitamins. Good thing we had to wait because a few minutes after Jim and Boo left Meredtih had another blow out... could have been pretty gross in the pool!!!!! Maybe we will try to tomorrow. She loves the bath and will put her face right in. In fact is it hard to wash her because I have to keep getting her face out of the water!

We ate at the hotel next door tonight. Good cheap meal. We all 3 ate for less than $15. We are enjoying our time with our friends. One of them had to take their little guy to the hospital for a fever. They said it only cost $0.75... you read that right 75 CENTS! That is with NO insurance! WoW! of course the advice they got was about 75 cents worth. They were told he had a fever because he did have a BM for a few days. We will see if they are right.

Rebecca said tonight that she is ready to come home. I agree. I love being here with new friends. But we are all ready to get home! I will post our flight info later for anyone who is coming to the "airport party".






No comments: