Friday, June 11, 2010

Guangzhou!

June 11... Guangzhou!

Well we finally made it! We got to our hotel around 10 PM and yes both girls were still awake, although Rebecca was out as soon as her head hit the pillow. Meredith had to wait so I could make sure she was finished with her diaper :)

After a terrible nights sleep ( I wasn't feeling and Meredith was up almost every hour!) we have a lazy morning. We didn't have to be anywhere until mid afternoon. However I still needed to pack. Why is it always so much more difficult repacking? Just when I think I got it all fit in I found another stash of stuff that we (wait for it...) *might* need! I know we probably won't but... we *might*.
We left Zhengzhou around 3 after all the mommies made a run to Walmart for much needed supplies (I needed outfits for baby and another pacifier... someone gave us one and she liked it. I know I will regret that one day , but right now... best thing I have done!) Plus I just need more things to STUFF into our luggage. How we didn't have to pay for over weight luggage, I will never know! Luckily it was much calmer than Sunday. It did still seem strange for people to be picking out chicken and other meats like they would apples... but whatever!
We made it to the airport around 4. It may be the last time we are in Meredith's birthtown. The airport had a fun little playground which all the kids enjoyed and got out some energy before the plane ride. We were the center of attention. Lots of stares. I saw some people taking pictures. It was kinda eerie!

Meredith's first airplane ride was good. I gave her formula about an hour before we left, with the hopes that I could change her before we got on the plane. The plan worked! I gave her pedialyte on the plane all was good.... until... yes, explosion... of course she waited until the drink cart was right by us. So once we got them to move (the language barrier can be a bear!) we ran to the bathroom... um yes the ones where you can barely fit one person in, let alone change a diaper. Of course is was ALL the way up her little back. Once I got her cleaned up, all was good... until... we got out of the bathroom and had 2 carts blocking our way back to our seats. Oh, yeah, all she had on was a diaper. I didn't have time to grab the clothes for fear she would leak on me! Eventually we got back, she fell alseep for 30 min. and the rest of the ride was uneventful!
Jason is out guide and is one energetic little man! We have a busy week ahead, but I am sure we will find time to just enjoy being here. This was my favorite place 5 years ago. I can't wait to eat at Lucy's, an American food restaurant. We ate there almost everyday last time.

Thanks for all your suggestion for Mei Mei... If things don't get better, there is a clinic here in the hotel. I may have our guide go with me to the pharmacy to see what we can do. I hope it is not the formula because we bought 3 bags of it, knowing it would be hard to find here.

Jim and the guys are off watching the World Cup... they have been talking about it all week!

Tomorrow we go get Visa's and medical check. Fun times!






1 comment:

Jen Kraus Graham said...

What an AMAZING trip you are having Em!!! Meredith is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't crying reading about your travels. It's so meant to be, yet I can't imagine what it is like to try to adjust to a new baby in a foreign country. You guys are amazing!
We'll be praying for safe travels and a non-runny bum for Meredith. CHEERS!!!
God has blessed us all!